Plano Federal Criminal Attorneys
Plano is one part of the Sherman division within the Eastern District of Texas (one of six divisions of the United States District Court in Texas including Tyler, Beaumont, Texarkana, Lufkin and Marshall).
The court is located at 7940 Preston Road, Room 101, in Plano. The district judge that hears cases is Sean Jordan. To learn more about the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, go to http://www.txed.uscourts.gov/.
Highly Experienced Federal Attorneys in Plano, TX
Charges brought against individuals in a federal court are much more serious than those filed in a state court. Federal courts also have a much higher conviction rate. It’s therefore imperative that you hire an attorney with extensive experience defending individuals in federal court.
If you’ve been charged with a federal crime in Plano, TX, contact Clint Broden and Mick Mickelsen of Broden & Mickelsen, LLP. Their law firm is located in Dallas, but they have defended more than 700 cases before a federal court judge, many of them in the Plano/Sherman division of the Eastern District of Texas. Both Clint Broden and Mick Mickelsen each have almost thirty years of experience each defending in federal court.
The types of defendants they have represented have been those accused of child pornography; money laundering and/or embezzlement; mail, wire, tax, and securities fraud, drug conspiracies, and more.
When to Select a Federal Criminal Attorney
As mentioned above, federal court cases have more convictions. Cases brought before them also are much more complicated and, should a defendant be convicted, have stiffer penalties/sentences. That’s why you should engage a federal court attorney to defend you when you discover that you are being investigated by an agency such as the FBI, the DEA or the Secret Services. Do not wait until you have been charged; you need to hire an attorney when you learn of the investigation.
- Engaging a law firm that focuses on federal crimes such as Broden & Mickelsen, LLP before charges are brought allows the attorneys to start their own investigation. Witnesses often are much more willing to speak before charges are brought and not as willing afterwards.
- Hiring your law firm before your indictment means the attorneys can meet with the government’s representatives/agents to assess their case against you.
- Engaging attorneys prior to being charged with a federal crime also allows your lawyers to possibly make a presentation before the U.S. Attorney’s Office and perhaps persuade prosecutors to drop the charges against you.
- In addition, if you have hired a lawyer to represent you prior to being indicted, the attorney can arrange for you to surrender yourself should you be charged. This keeps you from being arrested in front of family or co-workers, saving you from considerable embarrassment and your family from having to see you taken away in handcuffs.
Experienced and Successful Plano, TX Federal Court Attorneys
If you learn that you are under investigation by a federal agency, don’t wait to contact an attorney. In order to help your case have the best outcome possible, it’s critical that you engage a law firm that has considerable experience defending individuals against federal charges.
- White Collar Crime – Financial Fraud
- Fraud in Healthcare Medicare – Medicaid
- Crimes involving computers and the Internet
- Fraud on the IRS / Taxes
- Trafficking in drugs
- Pornography defense involving children
- Cases of forfeiture
Naturally, we hope that firm will be Broden & Mickelsen, LLP Dallas Criminal Attorneys.
We offer free and confidential consultations and review of your case. Contact us today.